Viewing Each Learning Unit
Roll your cursor over the week numbers above to select the section of
a week you need to read. If you cannot see the popup menus when you roll
your cursor over the week numbers, upgrading your browser is recommended.
Download Software and Plugins
- Recommended for Windows
- Recommended for Macintosh 9.1+
4x for Windows, Mac, and UNIX
- Not recommended for courses
Home Page Reader
- Recommended screen reading for Windows
Document & media player plugins
Word Processing and Spreadsheet software
If you want the functionality of Microsoft Word and Excel but do not
own them, you can download and use this free alternative: Open
Office. Read the installation instructions:
- Anti advertising
- Window pop up software may interfere with the functionality of some
- AOL idle time
- AOL will disconnect a user if idle time exceeds the allotted minutes.
Type keyword "smile4u" to prevent this.
tips for AOL users
- Dial up modem idle time
- A user's Internet Service Provide (ISP) may disconnect after several
minutes of idle time; time when the screen has not changed to a new
page, or scrolled (which often happens when a student is reading online
or taking a Blackboard quiz). Users can open another browser window
to another site and periodically activate links on the page to fool
the ISP server into staying connected.
- Word Perfect files
- .wpd files do not work with Blackboard's Digital Drop Box.
- Hotmail filters
- ONID email may be rejected or moved to Hotmail's junk mail folder,
depending on your settings.
- Some .ppt files will not open in Explorer for Windows XP unless
you save the file to a hard drive first.
- Use the tab button located on the keyboard to navigate through each
- Use IBM HomePage Reader with Explorer 5.5 on a Windows PC for optimum
screen reader access.
OSUware CD-ROM now available
For a free copy of the most common software utilities for Windows
and Macintosh platforms, order
OSUware on CD-ROM. It includes these types of utilities:
- Virus protection
- Email and contacts
- Discussion Board Instructions
- Simplest way to use Blackboard's Discussion Board
- Introduce Yourself
- How students can use Blackboard's Personal Home Page in conjunction
with the Discussion Board
- Writing Services
- OSU's online writing services.
- The Valley Library
- Staff to contact, Proxy access, and links to important library resources
- Various OSU information
- Student Conduct
- OSU Student Conduct Regulations
- Avoiding Academic Dishonesty
- Strategies can help students avoid academic dishonesty.
- Disabilities Services
- OSU Services for Students with Disabilities
- ONID Technical Support
- OSU Network ID Technical Support
- Online Inquiry Form
- Technical Assistance inquiry form
- Computer Consulting Online Form
- OSU Helpdesk Assistance
Set your Browser Options to View Most Recent Pages
Updates to pages in this web site will occur during the term. To view
the updates, please set your browser options/preferences to always display
the most current page:
In Microsoft Internet Explorer
- View the screen
- Choose Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click
- Click Every visit to the page.
- Click OK.
In Netscape Navigator
- View the screen
- Choose Preferences from the Edit menu.
- Choose Cache from the Advanced menu.
- Click Once per session under Document cache is compared
to document on network:
- Click OK.