QuickTime Player Installation Help
- Download the QuickTime Player from the Apple Computer web site.
Open the QuickTime Player and play a sample movie to verify the
Web Installer will automatically download and begin the
Web installation process.
- Follow instructions on the screen, clicking next at the
bottom of each instructional screen.
- Agree to the license instructions to continue the installation.
- Click Browse to select the directory
to install QuickTime Player.
- Choose the Installation Type:
- Installs the QuickTime Player, Web browser Plug-in, and essential QuickTime
system software including MP3, VR and Flash. Approximate download size:
- Installs the Minimum package, PictureViewer, authoring support, DV support,
and media exporters. Approximate download size: 7.2 MB
- Allows you to customize QuickTime by installing only the components
you choose, Options include: QuickTime for Java, QuickDraw 3D, and
- Select the Program Folder.
- The setup program automatically creates
a folder called QuickTime to install program icons.
You can type a new folder name or select an existing
the list. Once you
have made your selections, click Next.
- Select the QuickTime Plugin Options.
- The setup program
installs the QuickTime plug-in into
the Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator
folder. To locate additional browser
plug-ins folders, click Browse. Once you have made your
- Enter Registration information.
- If you do not have a
QuickTime Pro registration number, click Next without
entering any information.
- If you have a QuickTime Pro registration number, enter
the name and number, then click
- When you are ready to install the QuickTime software,
- Depending on the type of installation you have selected and the speed
of your Internet connection, it may take as long as 105 minutes to download
- If you cancel the file download or lose connection during the download
process, all files that were able to be downloaded will be automatically
saved. Once you begin the installation again, the remaining files will
- Follow instructions in the QuickTime Setup Assistant
to set up the:
- Plug-in settings
- File type associations.
- QuickTime will notify you when it is done and give
- To review the QuickTime README file, select its checkbox.
- To view a sample movie using QuickTime Player, select its checkbox.
- When you have completed your selections, click Close.