The problem sets in this course require the use of spreadsheets
which read Microsoft Excel worksheets. The following are recommended
- Microsoft Excel 2000+
- AppleWorks 6.2.4 for Mac OS X 10.2.5+
Document & media player plugins
- Use the tab button located on the keyboard to navigate through
each menu item.
- Use IBM HomePage Reader with Explorer 5.5 on a Windows PC for
optimum screen reader access.
Services to Students with Disabilities
- Anti advertising
- Window pop up software may interfere with the functionality
of some course materials.
- AOL idle time
- AOL will disconnect a user if idle time exceeds the allotted
minutes. Type keyword "smile4u" to prevent this.
- Dial up modem idle time
- A user's Internet Service Provide (ISP) may disconnect after
several minutes of idle time; time when the screen has not changed
to a new page, or scrolled (which often happens when a student
is reading online or taking a Blackboard quiz). Users can open
another browser window to another site and periodically activate
links on the page to fool the ISP server into staying connected.
- Word Perfect files
- .wpd files do not work with Blackboard's Digital Drop Box.
- Hotmail filters
- ONID email may be rejected or moved to Hotmail's junk mail folder,
depending on your settings.
- Some .ppt files will not open in Explorer for Windows XP unless
you save the file to a hard drive first.
OSUware CD-ROM now available
For a free copy of the most common software utilities for Windows
and Macintosh platforms, order
OSUware on CD-ROM. It includes these types of utilities:
- Virus protection
- Email and contacts