Instructions for listening to audio clips
- Download the QuickTime
Player to listen to the audio files.
- Read the QuickTime
Instructions for installation help.
- Download the RealPlayer to listen to the audio files
- Instructions are on the RealPlayer download page
Introduction to High-Energy Feedstuffs
Follow along with the audio...
- Defined as high available energy and less than 20% CP
- Energy source: high nonfibrous CHO and/or lipids
- Function: increase energy content per unit DM
- Also contribute protein, minerals, and vitamins
- Major categories
- Cereal grains
- Milling by-products of cereal grains
- High carbohydrate liquid feeds
- By-product dry feeds
- Roots and tubers
- Fats and oils
- Additional high energy feedstuffs